Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Homey Thank You

Homey Thank You
My family are planning to go to Singapore mid next month to visit my my daughter's godmother who is also my childhood best friend as well as some of my in-laws relatives. We will be staying at my cousin-in-law's house. Thus, I make this card for her and her family as a gesture of thanks on their generosity and hospitality.


Sketch Saturday Week #222
This card layout is inspirational from Sketch Saturday Week #222 sketch/challenge as shown above. It has inspire me to create a scene of a house with sun, clouds and flowers. The house is perfect for this card since my family will be staying at my cousin-in-law's house.


Close-up : The sun and clouds
The sun is stamped on an orange card stock and trimmed accordingly. The clouds are stamped on white card stock and trimmed as well. Then, the sun and clouds are arranged on a blue card stock which represent the sky. A blue lining is added to the clouds to make it pop-up from the skyline. A pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Bright Side that resemble grass is used as the house's lawn. 


Close-up : Paper pieced house
I use a house image to represent the image location in the sketch. The house is stamped on a white card stock and some pattern papers. The image of the house on the white card stock and pattern papers are trimmed accordingly. Then, I paper pieced onto the house stamped on the white card stock. 


Close-up : Glossy window glasses
The windows and door are paper pieced using white card stock and colored using Copic markers. I added some glossy accent to the window glasses. This is my first time using glossy accent since I bought it some times ago.


Close-up : Ribbon that resemble grass and flowers
As for the ribbon ruffle location, I used a ribbon that resemble grass and flowers which is just coordinate the scene. The pre-arranged skyline and lawn is attached onto a yellow card base. The house is attached onto the scene using dimensional foam as the ribbon itself has some dimension to it.


Close-up : The perfect sentiment for my coming situation
The sentiment is stamped on a yellow card stock which has the corners rounded. Some faux stitching are added around the sentiment. It is later layer on a blue card stock which has the corners rounded as well. It is attached onto the card base as in the sketch using dimensional foam.

Dimension : 12.7cm x 19.05cm or 5" x 7.5"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : None

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please e-mail us at msgkeeper@gmail.com for order. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
1) Sketch Saturday Week #222 (ending 31 August 2012)

Stamps and tools used :

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great job.
I am so loving this creation. I hope that you have a great day.
Thanks for supporting us!
Hugs
Tammy Ortiz
Founder of
Tammy Scrapin Corner

Shannon83k said...

A great card, thanks for joining us at this week’s The Paper Shelter Challenge. DT Member Shannon/Shannon83k

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi, I spotted your comment on the Papertake Weekly Blog. I was looking for those Sketches too and, although a little late int he day for me, I have found them. Here is the link, I thought it might be useful to you. http://pinkpiggywiggy.blogspot.co.uk/p/our-sketches.html Judy x

Alex H. said...

Oh what a nice card... and the greenery behind the house... just fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
Alex H.

debby4000 said...

Oh I love you house card.
luv
Debby

Shirin Lim said...

Hi Hi! You r so thoughtful! I'm sure that your cousin-in-law will b really happy to receive this cute handmade card from you. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter (TPS) Challenge! DT-Shirin Lim

krcmasterpiece said...

What a super card! Love all the details.

Thanks for playing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment. Hope you'll play again!