Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Congratulations on Your Newborn!

Congratulations on Your Newborn!
I am officially an aunty now as my nephew just delivered via Caesarean section. I am so happy and proud for my brother and sister-in-law. To cherish this special moment, I want to make a card to congratulate them. It will be passed to them tomorrow when I visit them with a small gift for the little one.

I stamp the baby image into a white circle and colored it with Copic markers. Then, I distress the edge and the white space to match the color of the card base. It is then attached onto a blue shaded scallop square. I purposely attach the circle in another direction so that the scallop square can be attached onto the card base in different direction as well.

Close-up : Embossed Sentiment
For the sentiment, I stamp twice diagonally on the left upper corner and right bottom corner. Since I started to apply embossing technique on my last card, I am kind of addict to it. Thus, for this card, I did the same for the sentiments as well - embossing!

Close-up : Image
Before attaching the scallop square onto the card base, I coordinate some silver strings to the four (4) corners of the scallop square. The outcome is nice as it looks like a square frame to the circle and image. Some gems are added to right upper corner and left bottom corner to fill up the empty space.

Congratulations on Your Newborn! - Inside
A light shaded blue cardstock is used as stick on inlay as the card base blue is a bit too dark for writing message. I stamp some border sentiments onto the left upper corner and right bottom corner.

Dimension : 9.4cm x 10.16cm or 3.7" x 4"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : Yes with stamped sentiment and image

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please e-mail us at msgkeeper@gmail.com for order. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :

Stamps and tools used :

3 comments:

Judith said...

Such a cute card - love your pretty insert too - thanks for playing along at CCC this week hugs Judith x

paper fun said...

Sweet card. Love the way the cord is wrapped.

Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Mari

Nikbee said...

A lovely card. Such a sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x