Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wishing You a Merry Christmas Door Hanger

Wishing You a Merry Christmas Door Hanger
Although I am not celebrating Christmas, I like the Christmas feel in my house. That feeling is lacking in my house now. Thus, to have that feeling, I made a Christmas door hanger for my daughter's room. I bet she will like it when she wakes up tomorrow morning.


Close-up: Image
I use Socking Santa Ornament from Bugaboo Digi Stamp (which is freebies for December 2014) for this door hanger. After it is printed and die cut onto a circle, it is colored using Copic markers. Then, the edges of the circle is distressed with ink to tone down the whiteness. It is attached onto a green scalloped circle.


Close-up: Sentiment
The sentiment is stamped on a tiny die cut fishtail yellow banner. On the fishtail end, two (2) mistletoe leaves are stamped according to the banner end and colored using Copic marker. I decided to use red gems as the berries which add some dimension and a tiny sparkle.

I use the Papertrey Ink (PTI) Wine Bottle Tag Die (that I bought some time ago) to make into a door hanger. Finally, my theory is proven after eight (8) months of having this Papertrey Ink (PTI) Wine Bottle Tag Die on hands! The wine bottle tag can be easily turned into a door hanger by trimming away the left or right side of the hanging hole!

For my daughter's door hanger, I die cut an orange tag and trimmed away the left side of the hanging hole. The scalloped circle is attached to the door hanger follow by the sentiment banner in which I use foam tape so that it will have some dimension.

This door hanger is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
1) Lawnscaping Challenge 96 - Merry Christmas (ends by 24 December 2014)

Stamps and tools used :
Copic marker used : B05, E21, E50, E53, G17, R24, R27, R29, YG06 and YR15


3 comments:

Audrey said...

What a cute little door hanger!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

Tamara said...

Fun project!!
️Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
Merry christmas :)
xx Tamara

jenn shurkus said...

this is SO fun!! thank you for playing a long with us at lawnscaping!