Saturday, August 24, 2013

Carnival Birthday!

Carnival Birthday!
I was really inspired by Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Carnival Craze as shown below. Thus, I wanted to make a birthday themed carnival card. Since I do not have much carnival stamp, except the digital freebie stamp from The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS), I stretch most of my stash for this card! :P
Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Carnival Craze

Bearly Mine Challenge #100 - Monthly Sketch
I adopt a bit complicated sketch this time from Bearly Mine Challenge #100 - Monthly Sketch as shown above as I would like to incorporate as much 'carnival' items into my card. I turned the sketch in 180 degree to suit my self-made embellishment as explained below.

Close-up : Stamped background panels
For the three (3) background panels, three (3) yellow card stock are trimmed accordingly. Then, the balloon are stamped repeatedly onto the background panels using yellow ink - tone-on-tone technique. I choose balloons as balloons always appear in carnival! The background panels are attached onto a green card base as in sketch.

Close-up : Banners
Well, banners also appear in carnival and I do not feel the atmosphere of carnival if there are no banners hanging above my head! Thus, I made a banner cord with colorful banners on it! It is attached to the center of the background panels as in sketch.

Close-up : Carnival tent
There would not be carnival without the carnival tent! Here, I use the free circus tent from The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS). I colored the tent using bright and cheerful colors of red, yellow and blue of my Copic markers. In fact, this card colors combination are based almost on these three (3) colors. I distress the edge of the circle with blue on the upper part and brown on the lower part to mimic the sky and ground. It is attached onto the card using pop-dots.

Close-up : Balloons as embellishment
Two (2) bigger balloons are stamped on white card stock and colored using Copic markers. They are trimmed accordingly before attached onto the upper right of the card as in sketch using pop-dots. Some yellow-white twine are used for the balloons' string. This is the self-made embellishment informed earlier.

Close-up : Sentiment
Lastly, is the sentiment. It is stamped on an orange card stock and trimmed rectangular. I choose a brighter and sharping color background for the sentiment as I want it to stand out from the card. It is attached onto the card upper left using pop-dots.

Dimension : 10.16cm x 15.24cm or 4" x 6"
Type : Horizontal fold
Inlay : None

Code : BW#013 (Please click here for order form)
Price : RM7.90 per piece (excluded shipping fees)

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please fill up the custom order form here. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
2) Bearly Mine Challenge #100 - Monthly Sketch (ends on 26 August 2013)

Stamps and tools used :

3 comments:

carol said...

Hello...super fun and cheerful card, good use of the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at EARLY-MINE x carol

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous!

Nela said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Bearly Mine Challenges!
Nela x