Thursday, April 07, 2016

I Enjoy Beeing With You Bookmark for Stung by Bethany Wiggins

I Enjoy Beeing With You Bookmark
I kind of made a promise to myself that I would make a bookmark that corresponded to the books I am reading in this post but I never have that kind of time. :(

Left: I Enjoy Beeing With You Bookmark - Side Front View
Right: I Enjoy Beeing With You Bookmark - Side Back View
But today, I am so eager to make this bookmark as I am currently reading Stung by Bethany Wiggins and I love the story so much! As spring is in the air now in another part of the world, it is just a great idea to make a happy and fun bookmark with flower and things with wings!

Close-up: Half circle using Jennifer Mcguire's on-the-edge die cutting technique 
I wanted to try Jennifer Mcguire's on-the-edge die cutting technique which is perfect as the bookmark 'header' that pop out from the book marking where I stop my reading. Thus, first, I measure the half circle where it fits my bees placement and the shape for my bookmark. Then, I stamp the bee and flower images accordingly and colored using Copic markers.

Close-up: Modified sentiment
As for the sentiment, I want to incorporate punny wording of 'bee' as this book is after all related to bee. Thus, I modified the original sentiment of 'I Enjoy Being With You' to 'I Enjoy Beeing With You' by cutting the long sentiment apart and extra stamp the letter 'e'.

Then, I die cut the half circle using Jennifer Mcguire's on-the-edge die cutting technique follow by the shape for the bookmark. However, I realize I make a mistake as there is a impression on the half circle where the folded line is. I should instead cut the shape of the bookmark first then only cut the half circle or slit the half circle die cut in front of the shape die so that it would not leave an impression. Maybe I try that in the next bookmark that I want to make.

Close-up: Flower at the bottom of the shaped bookmark
I also would like to incorporate Jennifer Mcguire's masking alternative using glossy accents technique as I want to make the background in sky colors. Before I apply a good coat of glossy accents to the bee and flower images, I apply some sparkle to the bees' wings to give imaginary idea that they are flying. After the glossy accents dried completely, I apply good amount of inks to mimic the sky. I must admit that some of the not-meant-to-be-glossy-accents-areas are not really spot-free from glossy accents like the flower stem. But I am happy with the result as this is my first try and attempt.

This is how it looks like when inserted into the book
For the final touch, two (2) blue gems are attached to the male bees' antenna and two (2) pink gems are attached to the female bees' antenna. Finally, magnetic strips are attached to the inside of the bookmark to create a magnetic bookmark.


This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by:
1) Lawnscaping Challenge 127 - Beautiful Florals (ends by 13 April 2016)
2) MarkerPop Coloring Challenge #92 - Spring (ends by 17 April 2016)
3) Creative Card Crew - Challenge 110 - Die Cut (ends by 18 April 2016)

Stamps and tools used :
Copic marker used : B00, R20, RV25, V06, V12, V17, Y18, Y19 and YG03

No comments: