Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finally Found It - Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy!

I must admit that I really got lucky. First, I got some monetary reward from my manager as my work appreciation. Due to that, I would like to celebrate by buying one stamp set to reward myself.

Coincidentally, my husband wanted to go to IKEA for some shopping - usually window shopping but most of the time end up buying one or two small items. :) Thus, we headed to IKEA as planned after work. After registered my daughter to the IKEA Småland, we headed to the Curve.

I went into Papier and look around the store. This is my second time here as Papier is not that convenient compare to Craft Haven which is located in 1 Utama that is beside my office. Indeed there are a lot of Hero Arts 2011 Catalogue new stamps but the price is a bit pricey compare to the online store, Crafty Heart that I used to shop. I browse around the store and they indeed have a lot of different brands stamps even Penny Black but only for wooden stamps. I am actually hoping to see some of the stamps that I want like Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy, Hero Arts CL145 Baby Girl or some travel related stamps.

Finally, I settled down to browse thru the clearance dump whereby they offer like up to 30% discount. Some of the products or items are on bundle sale as well. As I go through the clearance dump items one by one, suddenly, I picked up an old Hero Arts stamp. At first, it looks familiar but I did not think that it is Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy as my mind was predetermined that I am not so lucky.

Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy
Well, indeed, I am so lucky! It is the Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy I been looking for! I am so happy and guess what. The price is stated as RM76.90 but there is a 30% on top of the price label. I suspects there is further 30% discount since I found this stamp at the clearance dump. So, I eagerly bring up the stamp (I am squatting at the clearance dump) to the store assistant at the cashier and ask her if the price has been discounted. She says there is another 30% discount on top of the price stated in the price label! I am really happy when I heard that as after 30% discount, it is only RM53.83! It is cheaper than I normally buy from Crafty Heart!

I tell the store assistant that I want this stamp and happily tell her that I been looking for this stamp for a while since it has been discontinued. I quickly paid the said amount and walk out of the store happily. 

Initially, I do not plan to buy anything and only window shopping as the price in Papier is quite expensive compare to buying online. Guess I am really lucky that :
1) I got some monetary reward as my work appreciation
2) I found Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy that I been searching for a while
3) the price of Hero Arts CL144 Baby Boy is cheaper by 30% of normal price

I cannot wait to get the stamp inky and there are some projects on my mind on how to use this stamp!

1 comment:

paperpapier said...

congrats on your work recognition from your boss...!! You must be a star-worker in the office. Hope to see some of your crafty projects soon.
hugs,
Heaney